Over the past several years. sustainable green travel has developed quite a bit more and become more popular, with very good reason.
There are real, core issues that must be addresses so that future generations are able to travel and explore the way that we are.
From conservation, wildlife protection, to supporting small communities in poverty stricken places, conscious and sustainable tourism is a must.
Our guest writer, Andy from Tempe Tree Care, would like to offer some great sways to travel sustainably, taking into consideration key principles that make traveling sustainable . By supporting the geographical, environmental, and cultural aspects in our traveling, we open the door up to promote and support the very aspect of why we love to travel.
There a several sustainable tours and travel providers that you can choose from today. These tours and providers support responsible tourism and promote the communities and environment around. Even if you opt for a tour that is said to be sustainable, make sure you confirm that with them and remember that your actions are a big part the equation.
Here are some great ways that you can travel sustainably and minimize your environmental impact as a traveler, whether you are traveling on an organized green adventure, or you are piecing your adventure together yourself.
- Do your research when booking accommodations. Seek sustainable practices and accommodations. What standards and practices do they have in place, do they compost, do they source food and products locally?
- Be mindful of what you eat and buy. Support local restaurants, farmers, an shops. Many places have endanger species, don’t eat or purchase items made from endangered species.
- Conserve water. Reuse towels and bedding to reduce the need for washing daily. You’d be surprised at how many liters of water are used while staying in a hotel, especially in a luxury hotel.
- Walk, ride a bike or use public transit. Or rent an energy efficient vehicle.
- Carry a reusable water bottle. No need to keep buying plastic water bottles. Be savvy. It’s also more cost effective.
These are just a few ways that you can dramatically change the impact you have when traveling. Exploration is wonderful and there are many beautiful places to explore. Let’s keep it that way and do our part as travelers.
You will not miss out, you will actually gain more. It feels really good to know that you are participating in making the supporting efforts that protect the environment and people!