So if you haven’t heard, we will be able to view a solar eclipse on August 21, 2017. Many place throughout the country will be able to see this spectacular event.
So what is the best place to view it from? Well, there are several. We suggest Madras, Oregon. Why? Because why not make it into an adventure and experience the Pacific Northwest? One thing to do while there is experience the Solar Eclipse.
Check out the top 10 places to view it, at least according to the the Great American Eclipse, visit www.greatmaericaneclipse.com.
Now this is just one of many adventures.
Here are the top 5 things we recommend to do on your Oregon vacation.
- Columbia River Gorge. – A few miles form Portland, The Columbia River Gorge is a national scenic area that protects the canyon where the river cuts through the Cascade Mountains. Absolutely amazing scenery, some of nature’s finest. Hike and embark on a very cool experience.
- Yachats (Yah-hots)- Located on the Oregon’s northern coast, this tiny town has a lot to offer. Unspoiled views of the coast, whales and Oregon nature, make Yachats one of our favorites.
- Mount Hood– Of course Mount Hood needs to be on the list. The tallest peak in Oregon is also a very well known travel destination by many. From climbing to hiking and skiing in the winter, Mount Hood offers an expensive, beautiful landscape to explore. A must see on your travels to Oregon.
- Cannon Beach- Located along Oregon’s 300 miles of coastline, Cannon Beach is one of the most visited coastal areas. Hike and views some of the most incredible views Oregon has to offer. Cannon Beach is also well know for Haystack Rock, a 235 foot rock that is home to coastal birds, your sure not to miss it!
- Portland- Home of the Willamette River and Oregon’s largest city, Portland is full of art, dining, music and nature. Surroudned by natural backdrops, Portland offers much to do for a wide range of people. The Saturday outdoor market is phenomenal and full of music, arts and food.
While your main reason may to be have spectacular views of the 2017 Solar Eclipse, make sure to explore the beauty and culture of Oregon. Although not listed, make sure to visit an Oregon Winery. Oregon is full of them, so finding one will not be an issue:) We know you will enjoy!!